Re: [LUG] Where to buy Mac hardware?

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 09:02, you wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
Hmm, doesn't sound bad - *almost* within my budget!  Just need to build a
little robotic carousel to store and load the discs and write a linux
driver ;-)

Hey, almost seriously, does anyone sell this kind of thing?  I know that
you can buy tape backup robots for umpteen thousands of pounds, but has
anyone got any ideas on how I could build a little robot to pick 'n'
place discs?

<falls from fantasy land with a crash>  Ouch!

Jon

How about some lego and a copy of BBC Basic? :)

Hmm, funny, I was kinda thinking along those lines.  Maybe not BBC basic,
though... used to program in that in primary school but have progressed a bit
now (mainly PHP and Perl).  Mind you, I don't know how to address serial
ports, I used to be able to do that on a BBC Micro 8-)

Jon