Re: [LUG] Where to buy Mac hardware?

On Monday 29 July 2002 08:25, you wrote:
In the end, I bought it from Apple themselves. It worked out nice and
cheap... then I'll have a nice Unix machine to play with, and install
Linux on!

Heh, I don't think I'd ever describe Mac hardware as cheap, even an eMac is
more expensive than a PC.  That's not to say I don't want a new iMac... they
look so damn fine!

Will you run MacOS X on it, or MacOS 9?  Or just linux?  I'd be interested to
hear if anybody has used MacOS X, it *almost* sounds like a linux competitor,
what with its FreeBSD base.

Jon