Re: Web/GIS project (Re: [LUG] A new way to build servers....)

On Monday 08 July 2002 9:55 pm, Nick Kew wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Tony Atkin wrote:
Just came across the following on the Plymouth web site. Can it be
related to the above in any way?

"Expressions of Interest are sought from organisations or
individuals to develop a Web-based GIS product for delivering
city-wide information. "

more at http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/star/plymouthinformed.htm

That looks seriously interesting.  Thanks for the pointer.  As a
hack with many years in both GIS and Web, I intend to respond to
that, with a view to an opensource system probably based on the UMN
mapserver.

Anyone else here interested in discussing this?

Not having tried out the UNM mapserver before I just tried to find it
on the web but i'm not connecting at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/index.html  Is it available anywhere
else?

Just looking through the project requirements, it seems to me that your
greatest difficulty might be fulfilling the requirements for OS
Landline and (in the future) Mastermap capability.

Tony