Re: [LUG] Dr Midgley

Adrian Midgley wrote:

That was the thinking behind civil aviation security....

<esr>
Arm all passengers on boarding
</esr>

I mentioned that idea to an airline MD.  He went "Hummm".  But logical.

Jerry Pournelle noted that until fairly recently US serving officers were
_required_ to go armed while travelling in uniform - evens the odds.

Since he can crash it anyway arming the pilots seems like a
smarter idea to me.

Until US serving officiers are carrying non-projectile weapons
routinely I think it is probably best to leave that one.
Remember the US colour code their weapons due to the poor
literacy rate of General Infantry, so not rapidly depressurising
an airliner is probably a bit subtle for some of them.