Re: [LUG] Home Networks

"Ian P. Christian" wrote:

Our Microwave oven plays havoc with my wireless lan!  Roll-on
802.11a is what
I say - I can hardly wait!

How different is the frequency?  I imagine that one of the harmonics of
the microwave oven is what caused interfeerence in the first place, not
the frequency of the main microwave.

I think they are all 2.4GHz devices, the harmonics might still
affect 802.11a.

I'd consider a new Microwave rather than a new wireless
networking, as only one of these devices is powerful enough to
burn you, and it isn't the wireless lan.