Subject: Revise your article
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 00:24:10 +0100 (BST)
From: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David,

IPCop is NOT more up to date than GPL.

That's not what I see when I compare the software versions of both. But I could be wrong.

I still fund over 400 GPL installations a day. I just have more of a fucking clue than you do that GPL can't support itself.

There's that famous RM attitude. GPL can't support itself eh? I would have to disagree. His idea of "supporting itself" is making money - something the GPL is *not* meant for. As far as providing a useful piece of software to the community is concerned, it supports itself perfectly.

IPCop have 4 security holes they havent even found to patch....

Wow. As if that makes all the difference. Security holes that are only exploitable from the local network - not the internet. Not really a major issue is it? That's just nit-picking really.

This rather rude mail simply adds to my points I made in the review. I haven't yet replied...