Re: [LUG] Internet issues...

All,

I am having problems when dialed up to my ISP (Force9) and i hope
someone (anyone) can help me. When connected to F9 I am unable to
connect to any of their servers, www imap/pop anything...

I can connect to the rest of the work aok, just not F9 or plus net
(their parent company)

I can however connect just fine within Win98... any ideas ?

Neil

Can you connect to anything

1) connect
2) ifconfig, check ip for ppp0
3) ping that ip
4) ping ip of f9 server
5) ping ip of non f9 server (144.173.6.8 will do)
6) ping www.bbc.co.uk - see if name resolution works

Also what is th output of typing "/sbin/route" after connection?

--
Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@xxxxxxxx

"The best way to accelerate a windows box is at 9.8 meters per second square."