Re: [LUG] PGP keys, make them public!

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 03:07:01PM +0100, Nicholas John Murison wrote:
The reason for this is some of you don't seem to have published your
public keys anywhere, meaning people can't verify your signature.

This makes the whole procedure of dutifully signing your e-mails
pointless.

Well, I have not put my key on a keyserver largely because I could not
be bothered to read howto do it and that I think there is a (old lost)
key of mine already there. Hence I hoped that people would just scan my
webpage (all the way to the bottom of the page), for the key.

That sounds like a great idea.  Does anyone have any experience in
setting these things up?

omg omg omg. I attended a key signing session at Linuxtag this year. I
was a little late so I ended not getting my key signed, but I tell you
it was one of the strangest things I have ever witnessed. Picture 40
geeks reading out key fingerprints to each other in a hot sweaty (and
ultimately smelly room). My friend and I evacuated the premises before
we would have to burn our new t-shirts.

How about a pub meet? I will be in Bodmin from this Tuesday with a car.
I wonder if I will manage to read my mail through a 56k modem. I guess I
will have to cancel some mailing list subscriptions and fetchmail from
Finland as ssh will be too painful. arg.

For those who run debian, what runs before rc2.d? Something is making
ntpdate run when the machine starts up, and it hangs for a minute as ppp
has not be brought up yet.

-Kai
--
http://www.google.com/search?btnI=1&q=Kai+Hendry