Re: [LUG] RedHat 7.3....

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 23:52, lee quick wrote:
Neil Stone wrote:
After downloading all 3 CD iso's of RH 7.3, i joyfully rebooted, smiled as the text scrolled up the screen and it said Initalizing AIC-7xxx module.and just froze there... i stopped smiling...

Any ideas anyone ?
 Neil Stone

Oh no its the AIC7xxx module come back to haunt me!
Tell me you don't have an Adaptec 29** series scsi controller?

Yeah, an Adaptec AHA 2940AU, i got ti working however. i booted from floppy and installed from CD in the SCSI CDROM drive.. odd eh ? Also the CD boots just fine on all other machines i have installed 7.3 on !!! never mind, prob just my machine...

Anyway, if anyone wants a copy og 7.3 gimme a shout and i'll see how many CD's i can get burnt. It takes 3 CD's, so i can post 'em or deliver them if anyone is in plymouth or exeter.

TTFN

Neil Stone