Re: [LUG] GnuPG signatures

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 05:18:49PM +0100, Nicholas John Murison wrote:
This is where the idea of transparent e-mail encryption comes into
play.  The challenge is to allow users to set it up and never have to
touch it again, and let the system take care of everything for the user.

That is one perspective agreed. I feel that if "computing" was taught
like a skill like reading and writing from an early age then this would
not be such a problem for educated users.

Making things too transparent for me at least dumbs down the whole
computing experience. This leads to a number of problems. Problems like
users not know what the hell a file system is for example, or how the
encryption can be circumvented. Er... I hope you get my point.

-Kai
--
http://www.google.com/search?btnI=1&q=Kai+Hendry