Re: [LUG] Alcatel a1000 ADSL Modem...

Heh.. thats the SpeedTouch, I want to try to avoid USB as much as
possible. This device (looking at the .pdf spec/setup guide) would
connect to the network card directly, then after you have installed M$
VPN and done some trickery will just connect !

The obvious thing is the lack of knowledge weather it will work in linux
because the installation does not cover linux !! (now we are not too
surprised are we..) i want to connect it to my new 10/100 8 port network
hub (good old ebay, 25 quid) and just let it do its thing...

This way no matter which computer i want to access the internet (i have
3 here at the mo, more soon) it will just connect out.

Cheers

Neil

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 05:46, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

   On Sunday 16 June 2002 5:03 am, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

   > if they are the greek frog/fish things, yeah - i'm using one and it works
   - ----------------->^^^^^

   ok, ok - so make that 'green', i'm tired, it's been a long day ;)

   i've got the most exiting webcam in history working though:

    <http://web.anlx.net/about/th2-webcam.php>

   honest ;)

   (feel free to look around the rest of the site, but it's our playbox right
   now, so ignore words like 'greek' when they should be 'green' ;))

   ~ Theo

   - --

   Theo Zourzouvillys
    http://zozo.org.uk/

   Zounds!  I was never so bethumped with words
   since I first called my brother's father dad.
               -- William Shakespeare, "Kind John"