Re: [LUG] DCLUG-news list?

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
But might there not also be a market for an additional "DCLUG news" list,
just for DCLUG events, etc.?  Then I can leave it in my Inbox (rather
than filtering it into my mailing list folders) to ensure I don't miss
anything.

Thats a possibility, but that would involve everyone subscribing to two
lits, although i suppose they could share the same list file.  That could
have problems of people only wanting to be on one list I suppose...

Yes, it would be nice specifically to be able to sign up only to the 'news'
list, or have this sent to another address (I usally send my mailing lists to
another account to avoid them clogging my main mailbox).

Would a dclug news list generate much traffic?  Meetings dont tend to be
too frequent becuase of the large area we cover. (although people are
always welcome to nomintate a location/date :) ).

The whole attraction would be that it would attract very little traffic!
However, it would ensure that all of your members not just those who monitor
the list regularly are aware of your events.

Jon