Re: [LUG] Routing Strangeness

On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 11:40 AM, Jon Still wrote:

Also, why is the packet going through the switch, hitting the firewall then getting passed back to the switch effectively. Why not just NAT straight from your public IP to the VIP on the arrowpoint and then turn off NAT on the firewall.

Sorry, just clarifying - run NAT on the core routers so the public addresses never go past that router.

This is effectively what we are doing with the solution we are designing at the moment. The only public IP addresses in use are on the front end routers & firewalls. Everything beyond that is private and NATed by FW-1.

J.

--
Jon Still                               E-mail: jon@xxxxxxxxxxx
System Administrator                    Web:    http://www.tertial.org/