Re: [LUG] Unknown BIOS password

Take the bios battery out and leave it overnight.  It should forget
everything and revert to the defaults.

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Keith Abraham wrote:

My wife has been given an old Tulip computer with a duff hard drive.
I've installed a 2.5GB drive which I had sculling around doing nothing
but we have to use a BIOS setup routine to inform the machine about
the new drive.
The problem is no one knows the password to access the BIOS.
The manual says that the factory default should be "1234567" but
apparently the last user must have changed it.
A splash at startup shows the BIOS to be a Pheonix 4.04

Any ideas anyone?

Keith