Re: [LUG] XFree 4's 3 button emulation

On 13-May-2002 at 09:12:10 Alex Charrett wrote:
What sort of mouse do you use?
I've been trying to use the generic 2 button PS/2 driver.

Yes, that's what I use. At work I have an old apricot mouse (although it
says logitech on the sticker on the back). At home, I have a bulk-standard
microsoft mouse (one of those version 2.1a things), but it is PS2.

If you're using the same could you chuck me your pointer definition from
your XF86Config-4

Well, at work I'm running RH7.0, but the config file shows:

Section "ServerLayout"
       Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
       InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Aand the actual mouse section as:

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Mouse0"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

There is no 'pointer definition' as such except in the XFree3 config file:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol    "PS/2"
   Device      "/dev/mouse"

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol   "Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice

#    BaudRate   9600
#    SampleRate 150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)

   Emulate3Buttons
   Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection

John.