Re: [LUG] motherboard recommendation

thanks ian - i'll check out novatech.

what was the make/model of mobo,

kev

Ian P. Christian wrote:
putting together a 1U server with SCSI RAID 1.
any recommendations for components to use - i usually go with AMD processors but due to heat issues i am thinking of using

celeron

It was only 6 weeks ago since I made a 1u server.
The case was cheap, only £99 from novatech, that included the PSU, lots
of fans, and a PCI riser card.
I went for a p3-1gig processor, and a mobo with intergrated LAN
(obviously).
The CPU hasn't blown up (yet), but I did find while number crunching,
the heat did go up, but it's still alive

18:06:19 up 29 days, 20:17, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

The processor fan was hard to get, a cool master 1u fan, only uk place I
could get one from was komplette. Under 10 inc VAT and postage though,
so I was happy.

HTH and Goodluck.