Re: [LUG] Codeweavers and Office 2000

Peter James wrote:

Has anyone on this list any experience of using Codeweavers emulator and Microsoft Office 2000 under linux.
Since ditching Microsoft Win98 in favour of Suse, the only software I am really missing is Office 2000. I've got StarOffice installed but it's clunky and clumsy in comparison to Office 2000.

Hi Pete the crossover office currently only works for the yank version of office 97/2000 ver 1.1 will support euro versions of office and thats out in the next few months.
As for the free to download Codeweavers wine currently using 20020411.. No chance!
Have tried Office 97 and 2000 premium but both fail .

Of course you could always use Vmware :) in the meantime...