[LUG] KDM mistery ..

Hey all,
       I'm running a RH 7.2 with KDE 3 at the moment and
wondered if anyone else has more experience with KDM with
RH than me. I wanted to change the background of KDM from
the boring blue with RH logo so did it through the Kontrol
panel. Now when X starts the background I chose initially
shows but is then covered by the blue RH logo screen? So
the change has taken place in the kdmrc file (i've checked
it the correct background is in there) but then some other
RH script must change the KDM background after the kdmrc
has run. Does anyone know what/where this 'extra' RH script
is and how to get around its annoying use ???

Cheers