Re: [LUG] ppp dial on demand & timouts

kev.bailey@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Alternatively buy Anytime and just stay connected.

got demon+anytime but only one phone line, so I want it to drop the
connection when not in use to let people get through to me.

i've installed diald and the xtool diald control - you can leave the
connection to be forced up or on demand when downloading/on-web etc. but
you can also quickly force the link down when not needed,

would that be easy to do remotely (I connect through a second pc), otherwise
I think I'll put a button on my desktop with a script underneath to ssh into
my gateway, and pon/poff, and ditch dial on demand (it sort of defeats the
object if I have to turn dial on demand on/off when I use the internet!!)

| Electrical & Electronics Engineer  Work: andy.weir@xxxxxxxxxx        |
| Linux                     _o_/   \ Play: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Registered User #272048  /  \    /\                                  |

p.s. like the new sig?