Re: [LUG] Bind zone forwarding

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Simon Waters wrote:

forwarding sucks - become a secondary for "test".

Forwarding make some sense in firewall situations for Internet
resolution (i.e. zone "."), and "forward first" can be a good
performance choice in some cases, but otherwise it is rarely a
good design decision.

Yeah I pondered that approach (becoming a secondary), I'm decided on doing
it this way becuase the nameserver that's doing the forwarding is beind a
firewall and therefore is unable to recive notifys.

I've spent a fair while in the docs and don't see why this isn't working.

Looks okay to me. I don't usually specify the class in the zone
definition (i.e. drop the IN, it is optional).

Curiously, going away for a bit and dropping the IN fixed it.

Thanks,
Alex.