Re: [LUG] Outlook in Cambridge

Matthew Browning wrote:

Spoiler:  Cambridge University college bans the use of MS Outlook as
they are fed up of tidying up after it.

I disagree with the commentary.

Whilst other mailers are and will be the target of virus
writers, and I suspect some others are vulnerable, there are
design issues underlying the Microsoft Outlook/OE/IE family of
products leading to the extensive security issues.

Microsoft's failure in the beginning to test that setting the
security zone for OE actually restricted the behaviour of the
mail reader to the settings for that security zone was a rather
big goof as well ;)

Another case of the GUI looking good, but the mechanics behind
it just not existing, or being broken, I believe the NT
'Optimise for Desktop/Server' slider bar also did nothing for
several releases of NT.