RE: [LUG] always bugged me - default clipboard action

Hi,
  I've seen this question asked quite a few times before, and the only answer
ever given is.......don't bother its to much trouble. Its not window manager
specific as it will also do it outside x at the command prompt, apparently its
coded into the kernel and so you need to go kernel hacking to get rid of it
(at least thats the explanation LXF gave quite a few issues back !).

hope thats of some help :)

===== Original Message From kevin bailey <kev.bailey@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
hi simon,

i use icewm - some apps copy and paste using ctrl-C ctrl-V etc. - but
anytime i highlight a word it gets copied to the main clipboard,

kev

Simon Waters wrote:
kevin bailey wrote:

always meant to find this out - surely this is the quickest way to an
answer.

how do i stop the default action when highlighting text - i.e. if i
highlight a word so i can delete it, how do i stop that word from being
pasted when i double click???

Urm what are you using. This is going to be specific to Window
Manager I suspect, but I don't know what you are talking about.
My biggest problem with cut and paste is when it doesn't, but
that is probably just KDE 1 for you ;)