[LUG] SuSE 8.0 - Login doesn't start X

Hi
       I've just used SuSE 8.0 Personal to update my SuSE 7.1
       system.

       The new SuSE did not recognise my NVidia Vanta
       graphics card (probably because I had been using a
       framebuffer) and continued the update using Yast2
       in text mode (Horrible!!).

       Sax2 was then used to set up the Vanta card.

       Problem is now I cannot boot into the graphical login
       and have to login and startx manually at the text
       console.

       /etc/inittab has "id:5:initdefault" which is what I would
       expect as SuSE uses runlevel 5 for the xdm login. But
       from here on in I'm lost.

       Anyone any ideas how to get the graphical login back?

Keith