Re: [LUG] secure ftp?

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 3:51 pm, John Horne wrote:

one copy of tinydns i'm running is using under 2 mb of ram for 11,543
records.

That's the other dns I was trying to think of - tinydns!

MaraDNS is also another funky DNS server i like a lot ;)

I'm a little lost with this. I assume the server is caching records it
finds and is under 2MB? In order to cache more records I think I'd rather
it used more memory. I could of course just configure BIND to use 2MB for
caching :-)

according to it's faq:

It loads data from disk on demand, relying on the UNIX kernel's buffer cache
to keep frequently used data in memory. In contrast, BIND needs to load all
your zone files into memory before it answers any queries.

~ Theo ;)

--

Theo Zourzouvillys
Research and Development

You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.