Re: [LUG] Modifying Linux Partitions

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 kam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Guess who set up Linux on a 4.2 MB hard drive and forgot to make a boot
partition.

Why is that a problem?  A boot partition is simply a convention,
advocated by some, but by no means necessary.  Just point Lilo
to wherever your kernel is.

If you have one of those old bios-limit problems[1], you could symlink
/boot to the first partition to get your kernel there.

[1] Frankly I don't believe in them: if my 1995 BIOS can boot off anywhere
on a 20G disc, then ... yeah OK, once upon a time when LILO was less
capable ...

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>