[LUG] Re: Linux Install Day 2002 - Hello message

cc: Devon and Cornwall LUG

Mat Grove wrote:

Howdy, I am helping sort out the national install days.

My records say that you are Simon Waters <Simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and you
represent the Devon & Cornwall Lug.

That is me. Why do I feel I've been mail merged ;)

I have plucked your name and email out of the lugmasters list after the role call.
As you are active on the list I hope you have got wind of the install day plan.
Some info can be found at:

www.linuxinstallday.org

If you are thinking about running a day can you email these details:

Your 'catchment area'
Which date your are going for (May 19th or a date to be decided in June)
If you have a venue lined up an address for it.
How firm your commitment is (Definite - possible).
A name and email address of the person who is running your event
If you need any help like a venue include that as I am making a 'what we need' page

If you are nothing to do with a LUG or for any reason think I should be talking to
someone other than you can you please let me have their name and email.

You will be kept informed by a scary mysql database and a load of php with me
desperately trying not to send you 10,000 emails by mistake. Just so you know all
73 listed (active)  Lugs around the country are being contacted at the moment.

Thanks Mat,

as discussed before we have an Free Software/Open Source day
organised for 27 April 2002.

Haven't really thought much about the Linux Install Fest after
that.

Devon and Cornwall would probably tie up with Exeter Uni LUG,
and/or SWLUG if they intend to take part.

 Simon, not wanting to distract effort from the 27th yet....