Re: [LUG] linux in schools - did some probing

display a Windows desktop on your local machines, and on multiple machines,

VNC can do that.

I'm not aware of any way in which VNC can turn a Windows machine
into a thin client application server. Indeed all the versions
I have tried will only allow one client connection at once.

Tell it to allow multiple ones.
Now I only know this from reading the manual,

winvnc  -connect <host>

You can put multiple -connect <host> statements on one command line to
connect to multiple clients.

Equivalent of the Add new Client menu option.

Alternatively, use ConnectPriority (which may be a Registry setting, I
forget) and set it to
default = 0 = close existing connections when connection made
              1 = allow multiple connections
              2 = refuse additional connections

Let me know if it helps, please.

--