Re: [LUG] PC world AGAIN!

Lee Quick wrote:

Hmmm Office XP pro £519 or StarOffice 5.x £29

does Orifice XP come with a golden ticket for willy wonka's
factory or is Staroffice just pants...

Actually the ticket price is what makes Microsoft the company
with the most millionaires.

Star Office is okay. I use 5.1 it does the job, but it isn't as
slick as it should be.

I wouldn't buy version 5 this close to version 6, you can always
borrow a CD given the licence. You can borrow mine if 5.1 is
your thing ;) I think I have a 5.2 CD somewhere.

On a more unimpressive note the retail version of RH7.2 pro is
very nearly reaching ahem XP like prices... not good.

I doubt you are comparing like with like.

Does XP come with compilers, databases, e-mail servers, web
server, Office suites etc?

They may be free tools in the Redhat case but they have to
bundle it all up, and write a manual or two, and then they offer
you some free installation support....