Re: [LUG] Simian evolution on redhat 7.0?

On 05-Mar-2002 at 10:03:23 Tony Atkin wrote:
I'm in a very similar situation at my college as the only person to
use Linux on my desktop machine in an environment which is almost
entirely MS based.  The college exchange server is a real problem for
me.  I deal with it by using a yahoo mail address as much as possible
and just booting my machine into windows once per day to find any mail
sent to my college address. Yahoo mail seems to be a pretty good
service fetching mail via pop3, but I have had problems sending it out
to their smtp server so I use sendmail on my desktop machine to handle
that but please don't ask me how it all works :)

Apologies. My reply was a bit harsh. Unfortunately yesterday was pretty much
a complete disaster in which I got nothing done. I was trying to sort out
some windows problems and as far as I am concerned its all a pile of pooh
(excuse the language, but even at home windows gives me problems). I know
zip about windows internals, but still reflect on a microsoft programmer who
lived in Newton Abbot(!) - his comment was that windows was a load of
rubbish, extremely poorly coded, and he prefers coding on unix boxes. I rest
my case :-)

John.