Re: [LUG] Stopped jobs..

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 16:43, you wrote:
I have noticed that if i ^Z an application in a terminal, when i go to
logout it tells me there are stopped jobs. how can i
either;

a) resume these, or
b) kill these safely ?

Ctrl-Z stops the job
you can then

1)
type "jobs" to see jobs on this terminal
type "fg 1" to resume job 1 (from jobs) in the background
type "bg 3" to resume job 3 in the background (useful for GUI programs)
type "kill %1" to kill the task

You can also launch a program in the background by typing & after the command
-"find &"