Re: [LUG] linux in schools - did some probing

David Bowles wrote:

What school's want are 'turnkey' solutions that can be installed and
configured by their idiot ICT coordinator without it continually falling
over.  Alas Linux is not that idiot proof as yet.

I disagree here on perspective, most of the best turnkey
solutions I have seen have been built on Linux, but I agree in
as much as the basic distro's are not what most people need,
there is plenty of scope to build turnkey solutions.

Although neither ironically was the last turnkey DNS solution I
reviewed featured enough to be a suitable turn key DNS
system...... As simple as necessary, but NO SIMPLER.

Although I'm firmly of the view that it is almost impossible to
make a system idiot proof, as I've seen what highly skilled IT
companies can do to perfectly simple systems that fall outside
their area of expertise. The solution is not to employ idiots,
but that is the hardest thing of all to do.