Re: [LUG] adsl and eclipse

On Friday 22 February 2002 5:25 pm, Richard Dobson wrote:
hi,

I am rooting around trying to find out whether the fujitsu (Globespan
chipset) usb modem supplied by eclipse when you sign up for ADSL can be
used with Linux.
I have downloaded the usermode drivers from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eciadsl/
but they don't appear to recognise the modem - unless I am doing something
silly. Did you have to overcome this problem? Did you use other drivers? I
am using the Redhat Linux 7.2 OS

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm desperate to get it up and
running!

I looked at eclipse when I started thinking about broadband. I couldn't find
ANY decent reviews of the fujitsu ADSL modem on RedHat 7.2 - only queries
like yours (repeated ad infinitum on www.adslguide.org.uk) about it NOT
working! I'm waiting to see how my connection will pan out as I have Mandrake
8.1 (which recognises and supports the Alcatel ADSL modem) and RedHat 7.2
(which recognises nor supports neither Fujitsu or Alcatel from-the-box). I
went with Pipex but I'm in the waiting time, I've got the modem but not the
connection.

Are these links any use?
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DSL-HOWTO/index.html
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=linux&Number=165105&page=1&view=expanded&sb=5&vc=1#Post165105

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/speedtouch/speedtouch/doc-linux/SpeedTouch-HOWTO-en.html?rev=1.7
(Alcatel based but the modprobe instructions may be useful)

--

Neil Williams