Re: [LUG] 9.99 24/7 internet access?

yeah you're right - there are sometimes engaged tones - but generally i fire off the connection request when i get home - and by the time i've made cup of tea, fed cat etc. and i get back to the desk the connection has been established. using diald helps because it will keep trying until the connection is made.

once connected though i think the speed is pretty good.

again you're right it gets disconnected every couple of hours - but using diald means that it will re-establish the connection automatically and most times i don't notice this has happened,

kev

Andrew Rogers wrote:

kevin bailey wrote:

i have been using freeserve's anytime thing and its been fine,

kev

I also use Freeserve Anytime and find that I get engaged tones. I sometimes get poor connections and often I am disconnected (before the 2 hour limit). I have now stopped recommending Freeserve to my friends. Currently I only pay about £6 per month but when this increases I will be looking towards finding another ISP. Freeserve is certainly not reliable.

Andrew Rogers
www.rogerstech.co.uk