Re: [LUG] funded project, doctors need communication system

There are plenty of threaded discussion interfaces - most people unfamilar
with the internet pre-MSN would probably be scared off by newsreaders - as
they won't have experienced threaded newsgroups or email.

The web provides good threded discussions that can be integrated into a
wiki or other collaborative tool. PHPNuke and Slash are the most powerful
news/forum packages and wikis are available in both perl and php.

Notes is actually very good at Workflow and collaboration - it provides
version copntrol and digital signing - it also has Java and C interfaces
to hack it directly - It should be possible to build a simple perl library
on the C API. I once spent several months automatic the paperwork out of
an office with Notes and it did teh job very well - it was good for our
very strict PRINCE2 project management as well - this of course requires
you to btoh understanding programming notes well and project management /
workflow.

rgds,

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty";> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a