Re: [LUG] funded project, doctors need communication system

There is also the problem that if the client operates
as an offline reader, then security of the connection
is less of an issue than the physical security of the
client machine.

We are fairly good at physical security of these machines.  Serious
regulatory consequences are possible if we get that egregiously wrong.

Tempest attacks are not a serious concern either<g>

There is a project called OGRE, open Generalised Offline rEader written in
Python that is intended to provide a replacement for Wine/Ameol2; Clink Blink
and in principle other OLRs.  I don't think it has got far enough to make it
sensible for non-coding users to adopt it as part of business, but it may
show _plausible promise_, and I like Python things.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/