[LUG] [Slightly OT] html forms

Good morning all, hope you had a lovely Sunday lunch!

I have got a .cgi written in Perl which basically displays a form and
then (another script actually) processes whatever is entered.

What is getting on my nerves is that I have to use the <textarea> tag
for a couple of inputs and browsers get in a pickle with it.

For example, when testing that it works on IE (and I _do_ have to,
before you all start!), I note that if you wiggle the scroll bar a
bit these grey horizontal lines, approximately 20px high, appear on
the screen behind the entry fields.

This ugliness is resolved by refreshing the page.

If anyone is seriously that interested and has access to IE5, you
might want to have a look at what I mean.

My question, though, is: does anyone know how if I can fix this or
shall I just put it down to a browser bug?

NB - works okay in Mozilla.

MB