[LUG] getty in Red Hat 7.2

Heyas all,

I've just (well last night) upgraded my home server/gateway box to RH 7.2
from RH 6.2 and its all working nicley, apart from me being unable to find
getty for it.

For some time I've had this machine using ttyS1 as the console as its not
got a monitor and keyboard on it.

Since the upgrade I've got lilo using the serial console happily but have
been unable to get a getty to run on the serial line so I can log in via
it.

I have mgetty which apparantly should do the job but
S1:123:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -s 9660 ttyS1
doesn't produce any sensible output on the console.  I had the same
problem with 6.2 but using getty worked just fine.  But now I am
gettyless!

Any suggestions?

Alex