Re: [LUG] furthering the revolution: ECDL

bear in mind that Access can't handle users accesing the same records simultaneously very well,

kev

Simon Waters wrote:

Mike Callaghan wrote:

What sort of front-ends offer levels of flexibility similar to
Access while retaining the power to work with the data in a variety of
ways?

I always preferred VB to Access for form building and the like. Having used VB you realise that Access was just a meagre cut down version, with wacky controls.

The extra know how required to build a VB app over Access is
pretty minimal, indeed I never really mastered Access as after
each attempt I'd think why am I bothering and build the app in
VB faster and with more control. Access then just became
something you use to make testing easier.

Anything with databound controls replaces VB fairly easily in
these circumstance. I've only use JBuilder in anger but they are
pretty common these days.

I didn't rate Star Office's tool for this kind of stuff.