Re: [LUG] Modprobe error....

I am attempting to load the "usbvideo" module on my machine.. the
apparently will enable the webcam that i have to interact with linux (prob
crash it !!)

I keep getting an error the first time i load the module;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warning: loading /lib/modules/2.4.17/kernel/drivers/usb/usbvideo.o will
taint the kernel: no license
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Likewise I got this with the Intel e100 network driver yesterday. Must admit
its the first time I've seen the message and we've used e100 for some time
now under rh7.1, where no such message has been seen. It seems to be either
a redhat 7.2 thing or a 2.4.17 kernel thing. As noted though the module
loads and runs okay.

ok.. now i am really confused...

It also used to work fine on RedHat 7.2, and under kernel 2.4.17 !

God knows whats going on.. i posted the same post to the redhat 7.2 help
list !! hope o get some replys.. i'll fwd on if i do !!

Neil