[LUG] OT company info

hope the following is of interest

peter
(26,000 of the 28,000 drugs prescribed accross europe have no proven theraputic value whatsoever)

IBM CEOs aren't fans of anything but revenue.

Regards,
Erik P. Olsen

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:49:21 -0000, bstjohn_ecs wrote:

>What does Sam P bring to OS/2 and eCS. IMO .. nothing new. When Sam
>was with the PC company, back in the days when OS/2 was still marketed
>and promoted by PSP ... he was a typical PC Co. exec. That is to say
>he pretty much saw OS/2 as an inconvenience which none of his
>competitors had to carry.

 The sad thing is that IBM PC Co. probably did at least as much damage
to OS/2 as Microsoft, if not more. It is impossible to explain to
people not closely familiar with IBM that the fact that one IBM
division doesn't care for OS/2 (or is even actively against it) doesn't
mean that IBM will be dropping OS/2 altogether int the next quarter.
You don't see that with Microsoft - whatever crud they're selling the
entire company is 100% behind it (at least publicly).

      - Mike

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Pinpoint the right security solution for your company - FREE
Guide from industry leader VeriSign gives you all the facts.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pCuuSA/WdiDAA/yigFAA/E8folB/TM