9110's Re: [LUG] Re: Open Source Day

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

My meagre experiences with Perl have been good, I used CGI
and SMTP modules to write a bespoke Form2Mail app to replace
Microsoft's Frontpage extension, wrote a LDIF to Nokia 9110
address book converter, all of these had excellent packages I
just "used".

I'd be interested in the address book converter, as I've got a 9110
and never had time to work out how to create address books for them
wihout using the evil win app.

http://www.wretched.demon.co.uk/ldif2nokia.tar.gz

It's ldif to Nokia 9110 - I still use the Windows stuff to copy
the file across, although there is a Linux serial comm package
for this as well.

I moved all my addresses into OpenLDAP to free me from the
tyranny of mail client lock-in. When I finally upgrade to KDE
2.x.x I'll be able to swap from Netscape to KMail without any
hassle (LDAP and IMAP4).

It is only a diddy little script - as it uses the PERL ldif
module - and worked for me once... so be warned.

I'm busy fixing the Calendar bug on my 9110 this evening. If you
say swap batteries and don't run Calendar app afterwards it
doesn't sound the alert for meeting or ... urm ... appointments
with the nurse (Can't help feeling my new GP may be watching).

Apparently you have to edit the INI file - hmm - where have I
heard that before, apparently you have to request the whole SDK
to get the INI file editor - so I'm downloading a free third
party INI file editor for GECOS.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768