Re: [LUG] Open Source Day 27th April Exeter Uni

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:39:03AM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

We should have a Perl guru to explain CPAN and the PERL world
view to us.

What is "the perl world view"?

How long do you want the talk to be?

I run the Devon and Cornwall Perl mongers, I might be tempted.

My wife has a course that day, but she might cancel. We might be
moving house around that time. It just might not be possible.

Some people want an overview of what Open Source software is out
there.... but that is kind of a big topic. Ideas welcome on that
one.

All of it :?

If anyone is doing a talk on what OSS is and what advantages you get,
I'll bung the an excert from a tener we did for ideas.

Someone who knows a bit about software licensing could cover
that as well - you know who you are!!!!!

It is at this point I realise I;ve nver actaully read the GPL or the
FreeBSD license.

We have some other volunteers, but I don't have topics for them
yet.

Maybe they should talk about what they know, not what you want talks
to be done on :) There's nothting like some corporate asking a
question and you saying "I don't know" and looking a tit.

Steve