Re: [LUG] bios chip

Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help, a friend is looking for a bios chip to get a
board working,

GA5AX rev 5.2 - socket 7 motherboard,

if anyone can help please can you let me know,  I would think something like
this would come off a dead board or something

Hi paul,

If my memory serves me correctly this mobo uses the Ali alladin chipset, useless trying to flash it as gigabyte dont support the bios for this model.
All is not lost tho, i think you can use a generic ami bios PNP bios i586(a gold coloured label is the thing your looking for with PNP i586 plastered on it) most of the old TX and VX intel parts had this type of bios.

Best of luck my friend had a similar model and it was a nightmare :(