Re: [LUG] Just Curious?

On Monday 14 January 2002 23:06, lee quick wrote:
We see countless examples of linux running on various old machines but
out of interest what sort of spec
 computer do group members have there favourite flavour of linux running
on?

Do
es anyone besides myself use it as a standalone workstation on newer
hardware?

depends what you mean by "newer". I cant even aford a new HDD, I've got 20GB
left though at the moment.

PIII/600/256MB/100 [one hundered] GB/cdrw/dvd/voodoo 3[just downrgaded to a
2000 as I needed the 3000 tv out at xtv]. Got a 16 bit sb16 clone in there
too, had it since my p100 in 1995, works like a charm :) Couple of £7.00
10/100 Net cards.

I have got a small windows partition as civ 3 wont run on my laptop (P166,
2GB linux normal use, 1GB windows - IE4 for textv development).

2398.61 bogomips.

1199.30 bogomips.

And too much time on my hands.....

Not enough here