Re: [LUG] University Training Course

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:06:54PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

They are about 150GBP a day.

I'll do them for less :)

I'd like lots of IT training, but I think eventually you reach a
point where unless the topic is a fair way off what you do
normally with IT, just general IT background, and the ability to
learn quickly mean it is cheaper just to read a book.

Or just get on with it, I find. I take a "how hard can this be" attitude.

The one exception is possibly things like heavyweight
troubleshooting - where HP gave me the chance to do things to HP
machines that I'd never do to someone elses - and a nice
experienced HP engineer to put things back together for the next
training group (He was did teach us stuff as well).

I do like a "so, what happens if I hand edit this file whilst TCB is
running". *thunk* "Can I have the Ignite tapes please?" [1]

Steve

[1] just an example, I think that one could actually be recovered
without recovering.