RE: [LUG] Exeter University Student Linux User Group

'hear - hear' !! Surely there are opportunites for saturday (?) workshops on
IPTables, comms etc.,

I'm doing a (non-computing) course with truro college; they use Chacewater
village hall - they have a classroom upstairs: it is a SUPERB venue. I don't
think it's very expensive, either. In these days of diminishing budgets and
the constant need for working "smarter not harder" and to improve the IT
literacy of the workforce (and those yet to enter the workforce) I would
have thought that a college or uni could run such things cheaply??!!

Having said that, I read in one of the professional comics I get that the
Gov't is proposing extra tax breaks on (IT) training courses... but that
doesn't solve the problem for those not yet working, or those who would pay
for the things themselves either for personal interest or career
development.

Simon