Re: [LUG] Tuesday teaser: httpd

MATTHEW BROWNING wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Just a thought and from personal experience..
> >
> > Looking at the simple things first.  Sounds like you have upluaded
> > the script to a server.
>
> Thanks for the tip; I am trying to test the script _locally_. i.e. it
> is on my home box right now.
>
> I know the code is okay.
>
> How does this effect what my procedure should be?
>
> In other words, the script in question is in /var/www/cgi-bin on my
> computer and I am trying to view results from it on the same machine
> as user matthew.
>
> What might help is if any kind soul out there who is acheiving this
> would email me their httpd.conf file for a bit of a comparison -
> might throw up some glaring ommission?  MB

What error do you get. If the process fails your browser will
almost certainly return an error?

Have you tried the other suggested scripts? In particular the
html returned by the script posted is bust and doesn't display
in all browsers, so if you get a blank page it is probably the
script/browser combination. If in doubt try curl or wget

The key bits of the config are;

httpd.conf:LoadModule cgi_module         modules/mod_cgi.so
httpd.conf:AddModule mod_cgi.c

srm.conf:ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/

access.conf:

<Directory /home/httpd/cgi-bin>
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

Apart from the directory name, this is all as Redhat ship it I
believe.

Apache runs as user nobody in group nobody, but that seems to
work fine!?