Re: [LUG] Mandrake 8.1

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 6:37 pm, you wrote:
> If anyone has access to a CD burner and a DVD-rom drive, this months DVD
> editions of PC-Plus, and Personal Computer World have the Mandrake 8.1
> ISO's on them.

I've already burnt and installed Mandrake 8.1 from the Linux Format DVD, in
case anyone in Plymouth wants Mandrake 8.1 Nice to see PCW getting into the
Linux way too. Maybe Computer Shopper will follow someday?

> Oh and Mandrake 8.1 looks very nice as always!
>
> Pete Hatton

Working fine, on an ageing Cyrix, a new Dell Pentium III 700 and an Advent
laptop.

I've got RedHat 7.2 as ISO's too (on a DVD) and I'm about to write CD-R's so
that I can test RedHat 7.2 on the laptop. (Although I ain't brave enough to
try ext3!)

--

Neil Williams