[LUG] resolv.conf file under suse 7.3

Hi

I have just installed Suse 7.3 and found that while internet dial up worked
great,  I got a host not found error in the web browser,   anyway I managed
to fix it and decided to post the fix to the group so others may benefit.

 The message given when clicking on internet dialer which told me I needed a
/etc/resolv.conf file with the appropriate permissions. I was told to ask my
system admin to do this, (this is great if the user is in a establishment
where there is one,  but for home users and beginners it can cause a slight
problem).

I created this (as root),  and tried again and the problem was still there,
looking at the permissions I had

-rw-r--r-- with the owner as root.

so I decided to change this to -rw-rw-rw or if right clicking on the file
and looking at the table it now gives.

Class       read    write    exec
user            x        x
group         x        x
others        x        x

(this should be chmod 666 resolv.conf)

this now seems to work,  just by adding write permission to group and
others.

I am using the konquror browser,  and can now look at web pages.

I hope this is of help to anyone in the group who may be experiencing
problems.

Paul