[LUG] checking kernel dependency versions

Hi

I have just un archived the kernel for 2.4.10,  I am trying to check the
dependencies of programs etc

I get to reiserfsprogs,  which should be version 1.19

according to the readme I should type

reiserfsck 2>&1|grep reiserfsprogs,

I type this, press enter and just get the line repeated,  how do I get it to
output the version.

I think I should be ok as I get the impression that these are for anyone
with below the kernel 2.4,  so anyone who wants to upgrade can check they
can or download what they need.

I also get a similar problem with insmod -V I just get a list of command
line options come up,

it should have insmod 2.4.2.  I am using RHL 7.1.

Again it should be ok,  everything else is, well I tried to check
isdn4k-utils and pcmcia-cs, but realised that as I don't have either it does
not really matter that much,. One is not installed, however so I could not
check it anyway.

I have noticed that I should be able to compile for the K6/2 Native,
However I don' think I will notice much difference anyway.

Thanks for any help,  this could be a known issue. Except I don't know about
it.

Paul